Kulicke & Soffa Launches AsterionTM EV - Enhanced Capability Hybrid Wedge Bonder
- Heightened productivity with a large bondable area (300mm x 800mm); improved MTBA with enhanced PR plus Geometric Model mode; and faster cycle time with direct drive motion system and advanced PR modes.
- Extended area that allows new applications such as adapting large battery packs or modules. Another advantage of the extended area is that it supports dual or even triple lane conveyancing material handling through the bonder which allow a single pass bonding.
- Configuration flexibility which support multi-device and multi-lane automated handler
- Improved performance due to a very stable platform for greater bond placement repeatability and consistent process results.
- Advanced capabilities with innovative software and hardware features such as ultrasonic normalization, host communications, bond process monitor, common data transfer and traceability functions; a Loop Former option that enables advanced square loop profiles; and advanced interconnect capability with an improved configurable bond head
- Ease of use with a new Bond Head Set-up Aid; an Intuitive Graphical User Interface (Windows 7 OS); a Graphical Editor for convenient program editing; Context Sensitive Help; and Easy Program Conversion from 3600/3700Plus to AsterionTM EV
"The AsterionTM EV solution is well
accepted in new application fields such as interconnects for battery
cells manufacturing. With the combination of the configurable bond head
and enhanced algorithms on placement repeatability, the AsterionTM
EV has demonstrated stable process capability and
performance. This is an exciting new launch for us and we anticipate a
wide market adoption with the growth of battery cell interconnect
The AsterionTM EV will debut at the
SEMICON Taiwan show at Taipei Nangang Exhibition Centre, 4F, Booth
Number 430, from
About Kulicke & Soffa
Investor Relations & Strategic Initiatives
News Provided by Acquire Media